Our client, a continuing education service for the financial industry, is searching for a dynamic Director of Executive and Strategic Communications to lead a robust executive content strategy within a growing Marketing & Communications team. The Director of Executive and Strategic Communications is a key leadership role with the primary responsibility for developing and implementing strategies to advance the institution’s reputation by positioning its forward-thinking executive leadership across all sectors of the financial services profession. He/she will be responsible for providing strategic counsel, writing original content, developing presentations for the President and CEO, and supporting content marketing. The Director of Executive and Strategic Communications reports directly to the Vice President/Chief Marketing Officer and will collaborate closely with the Marketing & Communications team and other key staff and faculty across the institution.
- Research, write, edit, and consult on internal and external communications on behalf of the institution’s executive leadership. Examples include e-mails and letters from the President and other senior leaders to students, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni, and different audiences; news articles and op-eds; speeches, PowerPoint presentations, talking points, and event and video scripts.
- Develop and maintain a President’s blog, social media accounts (LinkedIn and Twitter), and Office of The President website to position as a thought leader and influencer and drive engagement.
- Oversee the development and distribution of particular messages to institution constituents, including Trustee board members and advisory board members.
- Responsible for producing the annual President’s Report and strategic collateral that supports fundraising initiatives by Advancement and Alumni Relations.
- Closely monitor financial services-related issues happening across the industry and the competitive landscape to adjust the institution’s positioning and messaging as needed.
- Working closely with the President’s Executive Assistant and Chief of Staff, own the process around speaking engagements by consistently demonstrating a solid understanding of speech objectives, audiences and their expectations, event agendas, topics and remarks of other speakers, and the importance of critical details such as expected attire, physical setup, and audio/visual support needs.
- Ensure executive leadership expectations are being met through event debriefs and identifying processes for improvements, constructive feedback as needed, and updating and maintaining their bios.
- Support the President with media opportunities by working closely with the institution’s director of media relations and public relations firm.
- Provide some writing support for College-wide announcements from the Executive Vice President and Provost, the Senior Vice President for Advancement and Alumni Relations, and other executive leaders on critical strategic initiatives.
- Assist the Marketing & Communications team with writing and editing reports, articles, white papers, and blog articles.
- Clear competency in MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Google Docs/Sheets, and social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook).
- Proficiency in AP style
- Outstanding oral and written communication and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects is essential and ability to suddenly shift priorities and deadlines on occasion to execute unexpected projects in a short timeframe.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including working with a wide range of individuals, including executive leadership and their staff.
- Experience writing strategic plans with defined metrics.
- Experience providing creative and art direction to designers.
- Experience in multi-media brand strategy and execution, producing podcasts is a plus.
- Ability to anticipate requests before they are received.
- Ability to handle information with sensitivity, discretion, and solid judgment.
- Ability to travel with executive leadership regionally or nationally if necessary.
- A solid commitment to being part of a culture driving transformational change with a start-up mindset while honoring the institution’s history as the nation’s oldest institution for financial services education.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related major. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of strategic communications development and speechwriting experience for C-suite executives, preferably from financial services or higher education, political leadership, corporations, or foundations.
- Portfolio/writing samples required
Site only accepts .pdf documents. Send Word docs to email@example.com. Please reference job posting that interests you.