This position is responsible for generating creative ideas, creating visual communications that convey messages in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner, and refining projects and drafts to client satisfaction. This role supports the Studio Manager in managing tasks and priorities internally and with customers.
- Designs original print and digital pieces including but not limited to websites, brand collateral, slide presentations, video graphics, online learning materials, exhibit graphics, direct mail, email.
- Collaborates as a team player, works proactively with multiple stakeholders.
- Translates project objectives and creates solutions that combine functionality and aesthetics.
- Applies brand style guide elements ensuring consistency with brand positioning.
- Works smart and effectively, handles multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Continuously seeks to improve the company’s approach to design by keeping up to date and familiar with consumer trends, best practices, digital advancements, and competitors.
- Serves as a point of contact for clients with design-based accounts.
- Understands multimedia/interactive design principles, and the ability to design for web, mobile, and video.
- Understands print process and production, including mock-up creation and quoting.
- Successfully provides direction to and supports staff and contract designers in concept creation and production design materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, and three to five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: Apple hardware and OS; Adobe Creative Suite (primarily but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and Adobe Acrobat; Google G-Suite; Microsoft 365
- Other skills required:
- A rich portfolio of work examples in a variety of mediums (printed materials, websites, advertisements, graphics, multimedia, etc.).
- An eye for layout, typography, color, message hierarchy, content readability
- Must be detail-oriented and process-friendly.
- Ability to work within tight timelines on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have an exceptional attention to detail and a compulsion towards consistency and neatness.
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to adjust well to quick changes to their daily workload and deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to articulate their thought process.
- Dedicated professional with a strong work ethic- committed to developing their own work and having the initiative to accept and seek out feedback.
- Resourceful and creative thinker who has the ability to visualize the clients needs and translate them into great designs.
- Curious, passionate, and open to learning new skills; having the creativity and confidence to independently explore new concepts in pursuit of the best solution to a design challenge.
Site only accepts .pdf documents. Send Word docs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job posting that interests you.